Welocalize is a translation company working to localize content for major corporations. Their propriatery applications grew organically and after a few years became unscalable. This prompted an overhaul of their applications. In addition, to better adapt to the changing market, changes to the business model were necessary.
The existing internal system also being updated looked like this…
The workflow includes a large pool of translators, from individuals to vendors. The task and project management covers the interactions of both internal and external teams. The main focus for the vendor facing portion of the application was to
- Track project and task status.
- Task specific communication.
These 2 views show a list of projects for one client. The objective beyond the workflow improvements and gained efficiencies, was to provide a matching system to find the right translator for the specific task.
Specific goals for the initial release were to:
- Enable vendor project managers to manage translation work through a portal.
- Enable vendors to move specific types of project communication with into the portal.
- Easier adoption for new users.
Below are few highlights from the spec doc listing the requirements for development.